Six-month internship opportunities are available in Dakar, Durban, Dar es Salaam and Colima. Criteria is outlined below – click here for full posting information and the application form.
Sustainable Cities has received a Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) Youth Internship Program grant to support our programs for 3 years.
The program is intended to address multiple goals:
• Provide high-quality experiences in development work for Canadian interns
• Address specific development goals of the participating cities around governance (participatory planning) and sustainable urban development
• Increase the knowledge and understanding of youth-led development through the Sustainable Cities International Network, partners and affiliates.
The annual budget provides for 20 interns a year (in two six month periods) in Dakar, Senegal; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; San Fernando, Philippines, Durban, South Africa and Colima, Mexico for a total of 60 interns over the course of three years.
This program is managed by Eric Brown, our Youth-Led Development Officer.
Funding for these internships requires that all candidates be:
• Between the ages of 19 and 30 as of January 6th 2012;
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
• A post-secondary graduate – graduate of a degree or diploma program from a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CEGEP (collège d’enseignement général et professionnel);
• Out of school with no coursework to complete;
• Unemployed or underemployed;
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
In addition, successful candidates must be available to attend pre-departure training in Vancouver from January 6th – 12th 2012 and to begin their overseas placement on Jan 23rd 2012.
There is a soft deadline for applications of November 13th, however all positions will remain open until filled.