Are you currently based in Vancouver (and plan to stay for the next 3 months?) We are looking for a local Research Intern to help us do research on project evaluation tools and frameworks used by cities internationally to monitor their sustainability plans.
The intern will work with the co-author of SCI’s Integrated Community Sustainability Plans: Monitoring and Evaluating Success and be supervised by SCI staff. The results of the research will be shared with the Sustainable Cities International Network.
- Proficiency in English with strong cross cultural communication skills
- Education in urban planning, environmental studies, geography or another relevant field.
- Understanding of indicators, evaluation tools, urban policy and sustainability an asset.
- Ability to be self-directed and work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills a must!
Please note: This is not a salaried position. SCI can provide supervision and evaluation for university students needing an internship as part of their course-work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please see www.sustainablecities.net to learn more about Sustainable Cities and the International Network. Applicants should send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com as a single .pdf or .doc file.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see the full internship posting, click here.