A big welcome to our next round of interns! After a week of rigorous training, our 9 new interns (we’ve got room for one more in Dar es Salaam – see below!) are currently settling in to their respective cities.
• San Fernando : Clara Blakelock and Stu Campana (Waste Management)
• Dar es Salaam : Olive Bailey (Urban Agriculture)
• Colima : Ryan Guest and Colin Nekolaichuk (Communications + Community Development) and Jonathan Denis-Jacob (Community + Urban Planning)
• Durban : Barbara Dourley (Green Economy)
• Dakar : Francois Seguin (GIS) and Michael Von Buttlar (Local Initiatives)
Through the CIDA IYIP program, we will be posting interns in our international member cities over a 3-year period. Each posting is 6 months long. We’re currently in our first year, and have received amazing feedback from our interns and our host cities.
Sustainable Cities International has an immediate internship posting in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – Tourism. The intern will assist the city of with their long-term planning, with a specific focus on sustainable economic development through tourism.